Features of the KUKA.LaserTech software
Welding, brazing, soldering or cutting – you name it: KUKA.LaserTech is a versatile software solution for various laser applications that allows you to achieve the highest degree of flexibility.
KUKA.LaserTech has a modular structure. The user-friendly inline forms ensure that laser applications can be integrated and programmed quickly and easily.
Video: KUKA robots make laser welding flexible
One of the most advanced and flexible laser welding cells in Europe can be found at WinNova (formerly Innova) in Laitila (Finland). WinNova is a research and training company and receives orders from the shipbuilding industry on a regular basis. To enable WinNova to work with the large and bulky components prevalent in this industry, KUKA developed the high-tech laser cell, Innova Lasepro, which paves the way for flexible, camera-monitored laser welding and laser cutting processes.
System requirements for KUKA.LaserTech
System Software KSS 8.2 or KSS 8.3
- KUKA robot controller KR C4
- Field bus systems (EtherCat, ProfiNet, Interbus, Profibus, etc.)
- All KUKA robots with KSS System Software, KUKA High Accuracy robots are recommended for a great many applications
- Laser source and processing optics (customer-specific adaptations may be possible in consultation with KUKA)
Advantages of laser applications with KUKA robots
- Economic feasibility of highly flexible system concepts
- Workspace maximization by means of open 6-axis kinematic system, expandable using KUKA positioners and linear units
- Intelligent automation concepts by way of system linking